Payment of charges
- All hire fees and deposits must be paid at the times stipulated in the Hiring Agreement. No hiring will be booked, and the Hirer will have no right to use the premises and facilities, unless all payments are made at the times stipulated.
- Payment of the required deposit must be made with the return of the Hiring Agreement.
- Final balance is due two weeks before the date of hire.
- Frequency of payment for Regular hirers will be agreed between the Lettings manager and the Hirer and set out in the Hiring Agreement.
- If a cancellation is made within two weeks of the event date, any refund of the deposit will be at the discretion of the Brocus Pavilion Committee and the Lettings officer.
- Hire times include setting up and clearing away.
- The Hirer shall pay for all damage to the premises and to the fixtures, fittings and contents and for the replacement of breakages.
General terms and conditions
- The Hirer shall be responsible during the period of hire for the supervision of the premises, the fabric of the building, the contents and the behaviour of all persons using the premises and for the condition of the pavilion both during and after use.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that everyone leaving the club does so in a quiet manner so as not to cause disturbance or nuisance to our residential neighbours.
- The pavilion and grounds must be quiet and vacated before midnight. For this reason we ask that music starts to be turned down from 11.30pm
- If you have requested the use of the bar, it will close at a time to be agreed in advance, but no later than 11pm (10.30 on Sundays).
- You may not bring your own drinks, alcoholic or otherwise onto the premises unless by prior permission.
- The bar is cash only, no card payment facility is available – please alert your guests
- There is no smoking inside the Pavilion or on the veranda. Any smoking outside should be with due care and attention and proper disposal in the containers provided. No candles are permitted inside the building or on the veranda.
- Please leave all areas tidy and clean after use, including replacing furniture where you found it.
- Please ensure all your rubbish is taken away by the hirer after the function.
- An additional charge for cleaning will be made should the premises be left in an unsatisfactory condition.
Insurance and Safety
- The Hirer shall not do anything which may damage or endanger the property nor allow anything to be done which might void any insurance policy relating to the property or increase the premium payable.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of repair of damage to any part of the property or contents during the period of hire. No alterations or additions shall be made to the premises, nor may any fixtures be installed or decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the Pavilion without the approval of the Lettings Manager.
- The Hirer should ensure they take out adequate insurance to cover the Hirer and members of the Hirer’s organisation and guests against all claims that may arise during the period of the hire. Where appropriate the Hirer should provide a copy of their public liability certificate to the Lettings Manager as evidence of cover. Brocus Pavilion Committee shall not be held responsible for any liability claims during the hire period.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure appropriate first aid cover is provided for their group. A basic first aid kit is available in the kitchen, but please let the Lettings Manager know if you use anything. In addition any accident should be reported to the Lettings Manager in writing and within 24 hours.
- All electrical equipment brought onto the premises for use by the Hirer must have passed a portable appliance test within the last 12 months.
- Limited parking is available in the car park. Please make sure that you and your guests park considerately and do not block either the footpath to the pavilion or the entrance onto the pitch as this is required for emergency access.
- There is no parking permitted on the grass, unless special permission has been granted.
- The Lettings manager or other volunteer will meet you on arrival and will lock up after you, unless other special arrangement has been made.
- The Pavilion should be vacated promptly by the time specified on the hire agreement. This enables anyone hiring the Pavilion after you to get in on time or one of our volunteers to lock up after you. Please remember that this volunteer may be coming out late at night to close up after you and wants to go home!
- If the Hirer has been provided with a key, they will be responsible for returning it to the designated committee member as soon as possible after the end of the event.
- In the event that you experience any problems entering/exiting the Pavilion, please contact the Lettings Manager, Tricia Kehl whose number will be provided on confirmation of booking.
Equipment and storage
- If it has been agreed that the Hirer may store equipment between sessions, it must be stored in such a place and in such a manner as indicated by the Lettings Manager and only for as long as is agreed in advance.
- Brocus Pavilion Committee accepts no responsibility for any items so stored or other property brought onto or left on the premises, and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded.
- All equipment and other property (other than stored equipment) must be removed at the end of each session.
Unforeseen events and cancellations
- Brocus Pavilion Committee reserves the right to cancel the hiring in the event of the Pavilion being required for unforeseen circumstances outside the control of Brocus Pavilion Committee in which case any monies paid will be refunded in full.
- In certain circumstances Regular hirers may be requested that certain sessions be cancelled in order to enable specific functions to be held. In this event Regular hirers will be given at least 14 days notice of cancellation.